Pediatric speech therapy
Care to communicate and participate in all areas of daily life
At RUSH Kids Pediatric Therapy, our speech-language pathologists offer treatment programs for all aspects of communication, from a child’s first words to their ability to socialize and interact with peers. Our treatment programs are specific to each child and customized to highlight functional goals during the therapy session that can be sustained at home.
In addition to receptive and expressive language, our speech-language pathologists target articulation of speech sounds as well as speech fluency and voice disorders in order to improve a child’s ability to be understood.
Our team also has the expertise to evaluate and treat disorders and difficulties related to feeding and swallowing to help ensure adequate nutrition for healthy growth and development.
Our speech-language therapy program can provide significant benefits for:
- Apraxia of speech and other motor speech disorders — an impairment in the motor planning for speech production
- Articulation and phonological disorders — a disorder causing speech sound errors
- Auditory processing disorders
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Cognitive and attention impairments
- Craniofacial anomalies including cleft lip and palate
- Delayed speech milestones
- Executive functioning — an impairment in the ability to organize and plan
- Feeding aversions/disorders
- Stuttering/Fluency disorders
- Genetic syndromes such as Down syndrome, Fragile X syndrome and Prader-Willi syndrome
- Hearing impairments
- Neurological disorders including cerebral palsy, stroke and traumatic brain injury
- Reasoning and memory skills
- Receptive and expressive language disorders
- Social pragmatic communication disorders