Pediatric occupational therapy
Care to engage in the occupation of playing and learning
At RUSH Kids Pediatric Therapy, we offer pediatric occupational therapy solutions that can help children achieve their highest potential for participation in school, activity and life. Our occupational therapists utilize the most current evaluation tools and clinical standards in determining the appropriate treatment for each child.
We start by communicating directly with you to determine the family’s goals and priorities. Then, through individualized evaluations, our therapists find solutions to help maximize independence and increase participation in daily activities, including self-care, learning and play.
Throughout treatment, our occupational therapists assist children to engage in their occupation of playing and learning, building the skills and confidence to thrive in their environments.
Our occupational therapy program can provide significant benefits for:
- Attention deficit disorders — can cause difficulties with behavior such as focusing, following instruction and completing tasks
- Autism spectrum disorders — can cause difficulties with social communication and behavior
- Cerebral palsy — a disorder affecting a child’s muscle tone, movement or posture
- Fine motor skill delays — includes using pencils, puzzles and dressing
- Genetic syndromes — Down syndrome (which can cause developmental and intellectual delays) and muscular dystrophy (which can impact muscle mass and strength)
- Oral aversion and feeding skills
- Orthotic and adaptive equipment
- Poor posture and body mechanics
- Sensory processing disorders and self-regulation
- Upper extremity strength and endurance